Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Entry 1

(sorry! I have two creative writing journals that I work on and I often forget that I haven't posted any of it on here) -------
July, 2318

To whatever form of humanity survives,
They left us here to die on our own. And why not? We're convicted felons, the dregs of society, their lab rats.
There used to be peace talks broadcasted to the world but those stopped nearly a decade ago. After that, no one bothered to have hope anymore. Even the Lunar colonies shut their borders, threatening to destroy any vessels that approached.
I don't know who struck first. It was a dud, landing harmlessly in the Atlantic. There wasn't even so much as a splash. It was still enough. They said that the islands of Yamato fell first; their main nuclear plant was hit, reducing half a billion to ash. The rest of the world wasn't far behind. Asianic, the United North, the Eastern Confederacy, and the Soviet States, they fired weapons like children throwing toys during a tantrum. New reports were coming in constantly about cities flattened, countries burning and millions of voices being silenced at every turn. I could feel the walls around me shudder as if the Earth itself was sobbing.
All for land. For nearly a century, the majority of the population has been crammed and shoved into every square inch that technology could make habitable, but buildings could only go so high before they're knocked about by the wind or tumbled by tremors in the Earth. Even before I came here, the sheer desperation was stifling. Naturally grown food was scarce, it seemed to be forever hot and there was simply nowhere to grow. That was nearly fifty years ago when they took me for experiments with Extension.
Now there's only silence. The Guards have all gone and there's no Sunlight peering through the cracks anymore. Only three of us remain but I doubt Alexander will last much longer. If we're lucky, Maximus and I won't be very far behind.
I pray to whatever powers that be to let something of mankind survive to read this so the horror of such a war will never be forgotten. No matter the time or technology, it's still humanity's greed that is the worst plague of all.
May the Almighty have pity on our souls.

Kalina Christner
---------

It's from the (yet to be titled) story that I'm currently working on :D She's actually not the main character but I really like her~
Yay for posting~

No comments:

Post a Comment